- finding yourself all alone on a mountain during a blizzard — and being saved thanks to a surprise phone call!
- having a party to celebrate your wedding — and there was no wedding!
- picking up a newspaper and seeing a photograph of twins who look exactly like you!
These stories and more — humorous, poignant, astounding — and all true!
True Stories in the News, Third Edition, by Sandra Heyer, consists of 22 readings based on human-interest stories adapted from worldwide news sources and includes new, updated, and improved materials. The universal appeal of these believe-it-or-not stories ensures a pleasurable reading experience and encourages beginning-level students to read with fluency and confidence.
A photo and pre-reading questions introduce each story.
Average story length is 375 words.
- Stories are told in the past and past progressive tenses.
- Revised and improved exercises for vocabulary development, reading comprehension, pronunciation, discussion, and writing help students develop language proficiency.
- Background information and teaching tips in an expanded To the Teacher section help make the reading class more effective.
- Audio CD with recordings of all stories is included in each textbook.
- A perfect partner with True Stories Behind the Songs.